In this All-inclusive Bookkeeping Online Course you’ll experience the simplicity of learning basic Accounting Fundamentals so you understand accounting and also learn both levels of Canada’s most popular accounting software program used by businesses, the Sage 50 Accounting program. You will learn and experience processing daily accounting transaction and to keep records and produce Financial Statements. Sign up today and complete this course to advance your office and accounting skills and be an asset to any business!
You’ll begin with the Accounting Fundamentals course and learning accounting terminology, the accounting equation and cycle, understanding debits and credits and how to record daily business transactions such as revenue, expenses and payroll. You will also learn to prepare Financial Statements of a Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Trial Balance.
After completing the Accounting Fundamentals Course, you will proceed and learn to use Canada’s popular accounting software program, Sage 50 Accounting . You’ll begin with Level 1, by learning to navigate in the program, and to create and set up a new company. Next, you’ll move into settings for automating the programs features and functions, and customizing the Chart of Accounts. You’ll learn to record daily business transactions in journals such as the General Journal, Revenues and Sales Invoices, Expenses and to pay bills, Sales Tax payments, Banking Transactions, and you’ll complete a business’s month end of Financial Statements and Reporting.
After completing the Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 Course, you will proceed onto the Level 2 Course of learning more features and topics of setting up and completing payroll, inventory transactions, projects and job costing, company budgets and reporting, departmental accounting and businesses year-end completed with adjusting transactions.
Our Video Tutorials offer more than just “how-to” demonstrations of performing daily accounting transactions and tasks; they provide information on accounting and office procedures, business best practices, and many consultants’ tips and tricks.
This course is different from any other online or classroom course, as we at Simply Training always remain current in the accounting industry, provide all Canadian content with taxes, CRA rules and regulations, and training techniques as we understand how people learn best! We don’t waste your time with fillers; we provide you with what you need to succeed in today’s offices and businesses. We also do not leave you in the dark; you will be assigned an instructor for the duration of the course to help you with set-up and questions you may have. This course simply provides exceptional value!
Join the hundreds of Canadians who have completed our online course successfully and are now working efficiently and confidently in their jobs. Take a read of the many testimonials from our students.
Accounting Fundamentals Topics:
- Introduction to accounting fundamentals and terminology
- Starting a business and understanding transactions
- Balance Sheet: Assets, Liabilities and Equity
- Income Statement: Revenue and Expense
- T-accounts, Debits and Credits
- Trial Balance
- General Journal, General Ledger and Adjustments
- Accounts Receivable, Sales Journal, Invoices and Sales Tax
- Accounts Payable and Expense Journal
- Customers and Vendors Sub-ledgers
- Bank Accounts, Receipts and Payments
- Payroll Transactions
- Employer Obligations
- Financial Statements
- Comparing manual and computerized accounting
Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 and 2 Topics:
- Navigating in Sage 50 Accounting (Canadian)
- Starting and configuring a company in Sage 50 Accounting
- Understanding the importance of Settings and Preferences and automating the system
- Editing the Chart of Accounts and understanding the purpose of Linked Accounts
- Understanding Company History and carry forward balances
- Recording General Journal entries and other daily transactions
- How to un-do or adjust transactions and to easily make corrections
- Customer management and maintenance, Sale Invoices, and Customer Payments
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Vendor management and maintenance, bills, expenses and payments by cheque, cash and credit cards
- Company Credit Cards Charges and maintenance
- Sales Tax Reporting and Payments, Recurring Transactions and other time saving features
- Banking transactions; Transfer Funds, Deposit Slips, Reconciliation for Bank and Credit Card Accounts
- Financial statements and other reports
- Month-end process and procedures
- Importance of Database Management and backing up company data
- Introduction to Payroll, Payroll setup, Paycheque processing and Employee direct deposit
- CRA Payroll Remittances
- Inventory transactions and inventory management, quotes and orders
- Project and job costing
- Company budgets and budget reporting
- Departments and departmental accounting
- Company’s fiscal year end and year end adjusting entries
- Sage 50 Accounting built-in-forms designer
- Database Management and Users & security rights
- Single and Multi-User Modes
After registration you’ll receive 6 months access to the courses Student’s Pages that hosts the course information and Video Tutorials. This course includes:
- Accounting Fundamentals Course outline, instructions and Getting Started Guide
- Accounting Fundamentals Course Video tutorials and exercises with step-by-step instructions
- Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 video tutorials, 13 hours of how-to demonstrations
- Sage 50 Accounting Level 2 video tutorials, 12 hours of how-to demonstrations
- Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 and Level 2 Exercises with step-by-step instructions
- Sage 50 Accounting Student Program Download (Educational Version)
- An assigned instructor for support and to answer your questions
- Certificate upon completion of required exercises submitted
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is open to anyone who is new to accounting or anyone who is applying or working in an office position and wants to advance their skill-set to be an asset to the business.
What are the Prerequisites?
A basic knowledge of Windows and using the internet with security functions. No previous experience in accounting or using the Sage 50 Accounting program required.
What are the Computer and System Requirements?
A PC computer with Internet connection (this course is not available for Mac computers), Computer Video Player to view the Video Tutorials.
Which Sage 50 Accounting Program and Version does this course apply to?
The course is applicable to all Sage 50 Accounting CAN Programs, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and Simply Accounting 2012 and to editions Pro, Premium, and Quantum (Enterprise), but not to First Step. Note: the name of the Sage 50 Accounting and Sage Simply Accounting are the same program only they changed the name in 2012.
Do I Receive a Certificate?
Yes, a certificate will be issued to students who successfully complete the lesson exercises required.
Who’s the Instructor?
Sue Dupuy shares years of business, accounting, bookkeeping and Sage 50 Accounting (Simply Accounting) experience with you and is also Sage Certified as a Platinum Consultant and Trainer.
How Do the Video Tutorials Work?
You will receive access to the Video Tutorials covering all the topics in the course. After registering you will receive your Login information to access the course materials and videos. The videos can be viewed as often as you like for 6 months, from anywhere, at any time, so you can learn at your pace and on your schedule.
To experience the level of content and quality of our videos, try one of the free videos on our website. On the menu, select Free Webinars and Videos.
How Does the Course Work?
This course will be the easiest online course you will experience. After you have registered for the course, you will receive a welcome email from your assigned instructor along with your Student Login information and access to the online course page were all the course information and videos are accessed from.
You will then follow the easy Getting Started Guide to get set up for the course. The course is easy, login, view the videos, follow and complete the exercises, and submit the lesson exercise to your instructor. If you have any questions, you can contact your instructor via email or by phone. Although you will have access to the online course content for 6 months the estimated time to complete the all-inclusive course exercises is 70 hours (30 hours for Accounting Fundamentals, 20 hours for Sage 50 Level 1 and 20 hours for the Sage 50 Level 2).
How do I register?
Click the Register button at the top of the course’s website page. You can pay online with Visa or MasterCard or using your PayPal Account or as a guest. Payments are secure, and we do not share or sell your information.
We also take phone registrations with Visa or MasterCard by calling our office (855) 422-5861.
Note: Content and prices are subject to change without notice. Prices are in Canadian dollars and are subject to applicable sales tax.