Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 Course:
In this course you’ll experience the simplicity of using Sage 50 Accounting from start to finish. You’ll begin by learning to navigate in the program and to create and set up a new company. Next, you’ll move on to understanding settings and their effect on automated features and functions, and the Chart of Accounts. Then you’ll learn to record daily business transactions in the various journals such as the General Journal; you’ll record revenues and Sales Invoices, post expenses and pay bills, make Sales Tax payments, do Banking transactions, and you’ll complete a business’s month end of Financial Statements and Reporting.
- Navigating in Sage 50 Accounting (Canadian)
- Starting and configuring a company in Sage 50 Accounting
- Understanding the importance of Settings and Preferences and automating the system
- Editing the Chart of Accounts and understanding the purpose of Linked Accounts
- Understanding Company History and carry forward balances
- Recording General Journal entries and other daily transactions
- How to un-do or adjust transactions and to easily make corrections
- Customer management and maintenance, Sale Invoices, and Customer Payments
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Vendor management and maintenance, bills, expenses and payments by Cheque, Cash and Credit Cards
- Company Credit Cards Charges and maintenance
- Sales Tax Reporting and Payments, Recurring Transactions and other time saving features
- Banking transactions; Transfer Funds, Deposit Slips, Reconciliation for Bank and Credit Card Accounts
- Financial statements and other reports
- Month-end process and procedures
- Importance of Database Management and backing up company data
- Introduction to accounting fundamentals and terminology
Sage 50 Level 2 Course:
In this course you’ll continue from the Level 1 Course and experience the simplicity of using the Sage 50 Accounting’s additional features that help businesses move beyond just the basics of functionality and reporting.
The features and topics in this course provide the next level of managing and reporting Payroll and Employees Paycheques, Inventory and Inventory Maintenance, Project and Job Costing, Company Budgets, Departmental Accounting, Year End and Users and Security just to name a few.
- Introduction to Payroll and Payroll setup
- Paycheque processing and Employee direct deposit
- CRA Payroll Remittances
- Inventory transactions and inventory management
- Quotes and orders
- Project and job costing
- Company budgets and budget reporting
- Departments and departmental accounting
- Company’s Database Management
- Company’s Fiscal Year End and Year End Adjusting Entries
- Sage 50 Accounting built-in-forms designer
- Users & security rights
- Single and Multi-User Modes
These two courses are different from any other Sage 50 Accounting Online and Classroom Courses. We know that businesses are using the most current version of Sage 50 Accounting (2017) and our courses are up-to-date with the current updates to the program and we pass that information along to our students. We prepare our students to work in business right now. Simply Training has years of experience designing courses, and we understand how people learn best!
The Video Tutorials offer more than just demonstrations of performing daily accounting transactions and tasks; they provide information on accounting and office procedures, all Canadian content, businesses best practices, and many consultants’ tips and tricks. This course also comes with Sage 50 Accounting step-by-step guided exercises, and you are assigned an instructor to help you with answers to your questions; no other course offers this level of support for their students. This course simply provides exceptional value!
Join the hundreds of Canadians who have completed this course successfully and are now working with the software efficiently and confidently. Take a read of the many testimonials from our students.
After registration you’ll receive 6 months access to the Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 & 2 Course Student’s Pages that hosts the complete course packages and information. These courses include:
- Course outline, instructions and Getting Started Guide
- Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 & 2 Video tutorials, with access for 6 months
- Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 & 2 Exercises with step-by-step instructions
- Sage 50 Accounting Students Program Download (Educational Version)
- An assigned instructor to support you and answer questions
- Certificate upon completion and submission of exercises
Who Should Take This Course?
This full course is open to anyone who is new to Sage 50 Accounting and wants to learn to use the program proficiently (office staff, data-entry clerks, bookkeepers, accountants). Also for anyone who wants to update their Sage 50 Accounting skills and learn the new automated features to help save them time and money.
What are the Prerequisites?
A basic knowledge of Windows and using the internet with security functions. No previous experience using the Sage 50 Accounting program required.
What are the Computer and System Requirements?
A PC computer with Internet connection (this course is not available for Mac computers), Computer Video Player to view the Video Tutorials.
Which Sage 50 Accounting Program and Version does this course apply to?
The course is applicable to all Sage 50 Accounting CAN Programs, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and Simply Accounting 2012 and to editions Pro, Premium, and Quantum (Enterprise), but not to First Step. Note: the name of the Sage 50 Accounting and Sage Simply Accounting are the same program only they changed the name in 2012.
Do I Receive a Certificate?
Yes, a certificate will be issued to students who successfully complete the lesson exercises required.
Who’s the Instructor?
Sue du Puy shares 25+ years of business, accounting, bookkeeping and Sage 50 Accounting experience with you.
How Do the Video Tutorials Work?
You will receive access to the Level 1 & 2 Video Tutorials covering all the topics in the course. After registering you will receive your Login information to access and view the videos. The videos can be viewed as often as you like for 6 months, from anywhere, at any time, so you can learn at your pace and on your schedule.
To experience the level of content and quality of our videos, try one of the free videos on our website. On the menu, select Free Webinars and Videos.
How Does the Course Work?
These courses will be the easiest online courses you will experience. After you have registered for the course, you will receive a Welcome email from your assigned instructor along with your Student Login information.
You will then follow the easy Getting Started Guide to get set up for the course. The course is easy, view the video, review and complete the lesson exercises, and submit it to your instructor. If you have any questions, you can contact your instructor via email or by phone. The estimated time to complete the courses are, 25 hours for the Level 1 Course and 20 hours to complete the Level 2 Course.
How Do I Register?
Click the Register button at the top of the course’s website page. You can pay online with Visa or MasterCard or using you PayPal Account or as a guest. Payments are secure, and we do not share or sell your information.
We also take phone registrations with Visa or MasterCard by calling our office (855) 422-5861.
Note: Content and prices are subject to change without notice. Prices are in Canadian dollars and are subject to applicable sales tax.