Online Training with Video Tutorials
In this Basic Bookkeeping Online Course, you’ll experience the simplicity of learning basic Accounting Fundamentals so you understand accounting and also learn Canada’s most popular accounting software program used by businesses, the Sage 50 Accounting Canadian Accounting software. You will learn and experience processing daily accounting transaction and to keep records and produce Financial Statements. Sign up today and complete this course to advance your office and accounting skills and be an asset to any business!
Customized For Easy Learning
This package is where you start and consists of two courses. You’ll begin with the Accounting Fundamentals Course to learn accounting terminology, the accounting cycle, understand Debits and Credits of Journal Entries, record daily business transactions of revenue, expenses and payroll, and experience how to prepare Financial Statements of a Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Trial Balance.
After completing the Accounting Fundamentals Course, you then proceed to learn and experience the Sage 50 Accounting Program. The Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 Course starts with learning to navigate in the program, and to create and set up a new company. Then you’ll move into settings to learn how to automate features and functions, and to customize the company’s Chart of Accounts. You’ll learn to record daily business transactions in journals such as the General Journal, Revenues and Sales Invoices, Expenses and to pay bills, Sales Tax payments, Banking Transactions, and you’ll complete a business’s month end of Financial Statements and Reporting.
Our instructional video tutorials offer more than just demonstrations of performing daily accounting transactions, they provide information on bookkeeping and office procedures, all Canadian content, best practices examples, and many consultants’ tips and tricks.
This course is different from any other online or classroom course, as we at Simply Training, always remain current in the accounting industry, provide all Canadian content with taxes, CRA rules and regulations, and training techniques as we understand how people learn best! We don’t waste your time with fillers; we provide you with what you need to succeed for today’s offices and businesses. We also do not leave you in the dark; you will be assigned an instructor for the duration of the course to help you with set-up and questions you may have. This course simply provides exceptional value!
Join the hundreds of Canadians who have completed our online course successfully and are now working efficiently and confidently in their jobs. Ensure to read our students testimonials who have completed the course and how it helped them in finding a job or in starting their business.
1. Accounting Fundamentals Topics:
- Introduction to accounting fundamentals and terminology
- Starting a business and analyzing transactions
- Balance Sheet Accounts and Transactions: Assets, Liabilities and Equity
- Income Statement Accounts and Transactions: Revenue and Expense
- T-accounts, Debits and Credits
- Trial Balance
- General Journal and General Ledger
- Financial Statements
- Accounts Receivable, Sales Journal, Invoices and Sales Tax
- Accounts Payable and Expenses
- Customers and Vendors Sub-ledgers
- Sales Taxes and Reporting (GST, HST, PST)
- Bank Accounts, Receipts and Payments
- Employees, Paycheques and Payroll Transactions
- Employer Obligations and Payroll Deductions
- Bank Account Reconciliation
2. Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 Course Topics:
- Navigating in Sage 50 Accounting (Canadian)
- Creating a company in Sage 50 Accounting
- Understanding the importance of Settings and Preferences and automating the system
- Editing the Chart of Accounts and understanding the purpose of Linked Accounts
- Recording General Journal entries and other daily transactions
- How to un-do or adjust transactions and to easily make corrections
- Customer management and maintenance, Sale Invoices, and Customer Payments
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Vendor management and maintenance, bills, expenses and payments by Cheque, Cash and Credit Cards
- Company Credit Cards Charges and maintenance
- Sales Tax Reporting and Payments, Recurring Transactions and other time saving features
- Banking transactions: Transfer Funds, Deposit Slips, Reconciliation for Bank and Credit Card Accounts
- Financial Statement reporting: Trail Balance, Income Statement, Balance Sheet
- Report Centre and generating many reports
- Month-end process and procedures
- Importance of Database Management and backing up a company
Up To Date Curriculum
All course materials are included in the course fee (no additional costs) and are as follows:
- Course Outlines and Get Stated Guides for both courses
- Assigned instructor for support and to answer questions
- Accounting Fundamentals Course Instructional lesson video tutorials and exercises
- Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 Instructional lesson video tutorials (13 hours of videos)
- Sage 50 Accounting Level 1 hands-on, step-by-step exercises and resources
- Sage 50 Accounting 2019 Students Program (for educational use only)
- 6 months course access, at anytime from anywhere
- Certificate upon completion of each course
What are the prerequisites?
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Who should take this course?
Anyone who is new to accounting and bookkeeping or who is applying or working in an office position and wants to advance their skill-set to be an asset to the business.
When can I get started?
You can get started on this course anytime your schedule permits.
How does this courses work?
Once registered, you will receive a welcome email from your instructor with your login to access the courses student pages and to get started. On the course page, lessons are laid out in an easy step-by-step format, with the Get Started Guide and lessons comprising of materials, instructional videos, exercises and resources.
Where can I access the course from?
This course is online and has access 24/7 from anywhere using a computer.
How long does the course take?
You have six-months access to the course; an access expiry date is assigned at registration. The hours to complete all three courses is approximately 60 hours. On average, for people who are not working will complete the course in three weeks. For people who are working, on average it takes six to ten weeks to complete.
How Do the Video Tutorials Work?
The instructional video tutorials are accessed from the course students page and are easy to view. The videos can be viewed many times, from anywhere, at any time, so you can learn at your own pace and on your schedule. To experience the level of content and quality of our videos, go to our YouTube channel and have a look at our free videos.
Which Sage 50 Accounting Program does this course use?
The course uses the Sage 50 Accounting 2019 Students Program and is provided for you to complete the hands-on exercises with. We know businesses operate with the most current program and we want to provide experience to ensure you are current and job ready.
Which Sage 50 Accounting Program is this course applicable to?
This course is applicable to all Sage 50 Accounting Canadian Programs: Sage 50 Accounting 2019, Sage 50cloud (2019 renamed), Sage 50c, 2018 to 2013 and Simply Accounting 2012. To the Editions of Pro, Premium, and Quantum (Enterprise).
Note: In 2019 Sage 50 Accounting changed the name to Sage 50cloud, there is no difference, only a name change. The name change is to reflect the add-on cloud solutions available to use with the program. It is still a desktop program. Also, Simply Accounting is the same program as Sage 50 Accounting Canadian, the name was changed in 2012.
What are the Computer Requirements?
A computer with internet connection is needed to access the course materials, view the videos and to download and use the Sage 50 Accounting Program.
Who’s the Instructor?
Sue du Puy shares 30+ years of business, accounting and bookkeeping experience with you. She has consulted and trained hundreds of Bookkeepers, Accountants and Business Owners across Canada and beyond on the Sage 50 Accounting Program; she is an expert on the program. Sue cares about her students and is committed to ensure her students learn skills and prepares them in moving their career to the next level.
How do I contact the instructor for questions or if I need help?
Your instructor is there to ensure you succeed in the course and is in communication with you throughout the course. The Sage 50 Accounting exercise reports are reviewed by the instructor and feedback is provided. If additional help is needed, you can either call or email your instructor. We also provide remote support to students when needing help with the Sage 50 Program.
Do I Receive a Certificate?
Yes, a certificate is issued to students who successfully complete the required exercises for each course.
Do you provide verifiable hours for CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits?
Yes, we provide students who make a request, a letter on qualifying verifiable hours.
How Do I Register?
We offer easy online registration, select the Register button on the page. We accept payment with Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, e-Transfer and Cheques. We do not accept American Express. Registration and payments are secure, and we do not share or sell your information. If you prefer to register over the phone, please give our office a call (855) 422-5861.