The Sage 50 Accounting Full Course includes the Sage 50 Accounting 1 and 2 Courses.
In these courses, you will learn the simplicity of working in the Sage 50 Accounting 2023 Program. Including Sage 50 Cloud, Sage 50 Pro, Sage 50 Premium, and Sage 50 Quantum.
You’ll begin by learning to navigate the Sage 50 program by creating a new company and working with their settings to understand how they affect the automation of features and functions in the program; you learn how to customize a company’s Chart of Accounts. Next, you’ll experience recording transactions in the various journals; General Journal entries, sales invoices, receipts, expenses, payments, credit card transactions, how to correct errors, sales tax payments, banking transactions, account reconciliation and learn to complete a business’s month-end of Financial Statements reporting.
After completing the Sage 50 Course 1, you proceed to Course 2, where you will learn to use other modules and features in Sage 50 that take you to the next level. You are introduced to the payroll module, setting up Employees, processing paycheques and paying remittances, Inventory and Inventory Maintenance, Projects and Job Costing, Company Budgets, Departmental Accounting, a company’s Fiscal Year-End and User security, to name a few.
Simply Training has years of experience designing courses and understand how people learn best! We do not teach from a book as many institutions do; we teach for experience and how businesses work today. Our instructional videos offer more than just demonstrations of recording transactions; they provide information on bookkeeping and office procedures and processes. We use only Canadian content and best practices, and you receive many consultants’ tips and tricks.
This course provides the best value from any other Sage 50 Accounting course, as our hands-on exercises take you step-by-step to prepare you for working with Sage 50 Accounting in a business. In addition, you are assigned to an expert instructor to help you during the course and answer questions.
This course provides exceptional value! Join the thousands of Canadian office assistants, Bookkeepers, Accountants and Business Owners who have trained with us, completed courses, and are working today. Ensure to read our testimonials of our students who have completed courses and helped them find work, started their business, or streamlined their bookkeeping and improved accuracy and data-entry time.
This Sage 50 Accounting Full Course is included in the course bundle for money savings:
All course materials are included in the course fee (no additional costs) and are as follows:
- Course access for six (6) consecutive months, 24/7, from anywhere at any time
- Course Outlines and Getting Started Guides
- Assigned instructor for support and to answer questions
- Sage 50 Accounting Course 1 and 2 Instructional lesson video tutorials
- Sage 50 Accounting Course 1 and 2 hands-on, step-by-step exercises and resources
- Sage 50 Accounting 2023 Students Program (for educational use only)
- Certificate upon completion
Sage 50 Accounting Course 1 Topics:
- Navigating in Sage 50 Accounting (Canadian)
- Creating a company in Sage 50 Accounting
- Understanding the importance of Settings and Preferences and automating the company
- Understanding and editing the Chart of Accounts
- Understanding the purpose and use of Linked Accounts
- Printing the Chart of Accounts
- The General Journal and recording General Journal Entries
- Service Items
- Receivables Introduction and Customers setup
- Sales Invoices, Customer Payments and Sales Receipts
- Customer management and maintenance
- Accounts Receivable Reporting
- Payables Introduction and Vendors setup
- Recording Purchases, Bills and Expenses
- Processing Payments by Cheque, EFT, e-Transfers, and Credit Cards
- Vendor management and maintenance
- Accounts Payable Reporting
- Credit Cards Charges and Payments
- Learn how to un-do and adjust transactions to errors
- Recurring Transactions and other time-saving features
- Sales Tax Reporting and Payments
- Banking transactions; Transfer Funds and Deposit Slips
- Bank Account Reconciliation
- Banking Reports
- Financial Statement Reporting: Trial Balance, Income Statement, Balance Sheet
- Report Centre and generating many reports
- Daily processes and Month-end procedures
- Importance of Database Management and company Backups
Sage 50 Accounting Course 2 Topics:
- Navigating in Sage 50 Accounting (Canadian)
- Learn to customize Company Settings
- Payroll Introduction and Settings
- Payroll Setup; Incomes and Deductions
- Employees Records
- Processing Paycheques
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Payroll Cheque Run (Batch Payroll)
- CRA Payroll Remittances
- Inventory Introduction
- Inventory transactions and inventory management
- Inventory Reporting
- Using Quotes, Orders and conversions
- Projects Module Introduction and Settings
- Project transactions and allocations
- Project Reporting
- Company budgets and budget reports
- Departments and departmental transactions
- Departmental Reporting
- Database Management
- Company’s Fiscal Year-End and Year-End Adjusting Entries
- Fiscal Year-End Process and Reporting
- Users and Security Rights
- Using Single and Multi-User Modes
Course Requirements & FAQ
What are the prerequisites? There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Who should take this course? Anyone new to Sage 50 Accounting and wants to learn to use the program proficiently (office staff, assistants, data-entry personnel, Bookkeepers, Accountants) or anyone who wants to update their Sage 50 Accounting skills and learn the automated features that save time. Registrants should be proficient in English, reading, writing and oral.
When can I get started? You can get started on this course anytime your schedule permits.
How do courses work? Once you submit your registration, we begin processing your registration, and your account login is set up. Next, you will receive your login email to access the course and get started. Once on the course page, lessons are laid out step-by-step, with a Getting Started Guide and the course syllabus.
Where can I access the course from? This course is online with 24/7 access from anywhere using a computer with an internet connection.
How long does the course take? Your login account provides access to the course for six (6) consecutive months; you are assigned an access expiry date in your login email. The hours to complete the course are approximately 50 hours, including reading lesson material, completing and submitting exercises and viewing videos. Therefore, you schedule 50-course hours within six (6) months.
How Do the Videos Work? The instructional videos are streamed and accessed from the course page. They are easy to view on a computer using a video player. Videos can be viewed multiple times to learn at your own pace and schedule.
Which Sage 50 Accounting Program is used in this course? The course exercises use the Sage 50 Accounting 2023 Premium Students Program. The Students Program is provided to registered students and assists them in gaining experience working in Sage 50 and preparing students to be job-ready.
Which Sage 50 Accounting Program is this course applicable to? The course applies to all Sage 50 Accounting Canadian Programs: Sage 50cloud Accounting, Sage 50 Pro, Premium and Quantum Accounting. Sage 50 Accounting 2023-2013 and Simply Accounting 2012.
Note: In 2019, Sage 50 Accounting changed the name to Sage 50 Cloud; The core program is the same in all Sage 50 Accounting programs; the word Cloud is only a name change and is Sage’s Subscription pricing model. The term Cloud reflects specific add-on online solutions that can be used with the program. It is still a desktop program with add-on cloud solutions. Also, Simply Accounting is the same program as Sage 50 Accounting; the name was changed in 2012.
What are the Computer Requirements?
- A Windows computer with Windows 8.1, 10 or 11 (Desktop or Laptop)
- Internet connection
- Video player to view videos
- Adobe Reader to read and save PDF documents
- Printer to print documents (printing materials are at your discretion)
Note: This course requires a computer with Windows OS installed. If you want to use a MAC computer, you will need to install the Windows OS. You will have additional setup fees, and it is encouraged to enlist the help of a professional IT person specializing in MAC computers.
Who’s the Instructor? Sue Dupuy shares 35+ years of business, accounting and bookkeeping experience. She currently consults and trains hundreds of office staff, Bookkeepers, Accountants and Business Owners across Canada and beyond; she is an expert on the Sage 50 Accounting Program. Sue is passionate about her students and committed to ensuring all students learn the skills to prepare them to advance in their careers.
How do I contact the instructor for questions or if I need help? Your instructor is there to help you succeed and communicates with you throughout the course. Students will submit exercises; they are reviewed, and feedback is provided. Your instructor is available by phone or email and offers remote support.
Do I Receive a Certificate? Yes, students receive a certificate after completing the course.
Do you provide Verifiable hours for CPD credits? Yes, we provide students with a letter upon request.
How Do I Register? Registration is easy and online; on the course page, select the Register button, read the terms and conditions, complete the students and billing information, then submit. We accept payment by; Visa, MasterCard, and e-Transfer. We do not accept Debit or American Express.
We also take phone registration to make payment by Cheque, Visa or MasterCard; please call our office for more information Toll-Free at (855) 422-5861.
Registration and payments are secure, and we do not share or sell your information to anyone or any company for any reason.