Businesses today do not use manual accounting systems but computerized accounting programs to keep accounting records. Regardless of the type of accounting system used, anyone working in an office today that has the basic skills and understanding of accounting fundamentals and concepts will be an asset to that business!
This Accounting Fundamentals course is designed for today’s office workers, and bookkeepers. It teaches hands-on accounting fundamentals, accounting terminology, double entry bookkeeping system (Debits and Credits), how to analyze and record transactions, the accounting equation and cycle, producing Financial Statements, and Bank Account Reconciliation.
Content highlights include: learning T accounts, understanding Debits and Credits, recording daily business transactions, maintaining sub-ledgers of Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable, Sales Taxes, Payroll Processing and Remittances, period ending Financial Statements of the Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Trial Balance, and Account Reconciliation skills.
This course utilizes video tutorials and comprehensive lesson exercises to help you learn effectively. Upon completion of the course, you will have gained the understanding of a business’s accounting, transactions, Financial Statements, and the experience of maintaining a company’s set of books. This course simply provides exceptional value!
- Introduction to accounting fundamentals and terminology
- Starting a business and recording accounting transactions
- Balance Sheet Transactions: Assets, Liabilities and Equity
- Income Statement Transactions: Revenue and Expense
- T-accounts, Debits and Credits
- Trial Balance
- General Journal, General Ledger and Adjustments
- Accounts Receivable, Sales Journal, Invoices and Sales Tax
- Accounts Payable and Expense Journal
- Customers and Vendors Sub-ledgers
- Bank Accounts, Receipts and Payments
- Payroll Transactions and Employer Obligations and Remittances
- Preparing Financial Statements
- Learning how to complete Bank Account Reconciliation
After registration you’ll receive 3 months access to the Accounting Fundamentals Course Student’s Page that hosts the complete course package and information. This course includes:
- Course outline, instructions and Getting Started Guide
- Accounting Fundamentals Video tutorials
- Accounting Fundamentals Exercises with step-by-step instructions
- An assigned instructor to support you and answer questions
- Certificate upon completion of required exercises submitted
Who Should Take This Course?
People who have no previous accounting or bookkeeping knowledge or those currently in an office or bookkeeping position who would like to refresh or strengthen their accounting knowledge.
What are the Prerequisites?
Do I Receive a Certificate?
Yes, a certificate will be issued to students who successfully complete the all the lesson exercises required.
Who’s the Instructor?
Sue du Puy shares 25+ years of business, accounting and bookkeeping experiences with you.
How Do the Video Tutorials Work?
You will receive access to a series of video Tutorials covering the Accounting Fundamentals course topics. After registering you will receive your Login information to access and view the videos. The videos can be viewed as often as you like for 3 months, from anywhere, at any time, so you can learn at your pace and on your schedule.
To experience how our videos work and their quality, try one of the free videos on our website. They are located on the Home Page, Free Webinars and Videos or click here.
How Does the Course Work?
This course will be the easiest online course you will experience. After you have registered for the course, you will receive a Welcome email from your assigned instructor along with your Student Login information.
You will then follow the easy Getting Started Guide to get set up for the course. The course is easy, view the video, review and complete the lesson exercises, and submit it to your instructor. If you have any questions, contact your instructor via email or by phone. The estimated time to complete the course is 30 hours.
How Do I Register?
Click the register button at the top of the page. You can pay online with your PayPal Account or as a Guest, over the phone with Visa or MasterCard or request an invoice and pay with Cheque or Money Order. Payments are secure, and we do not share your information.
Note: Content and prices are subject to change without notice. Prices are in Canadian dollars and are subject to applicable sales tax.